Elegant Image Relaxation Massage Basics
Our aim is to provide you with a massage that utilises the natural instinct of humans to rub or cuddle each other to relieve stress and tension in our muscles and leave us oozing with a sense of wellbeing. We achieve this by delivering the recognised general benefits of massage (See below).
We provide 2 basic relaxation massages, they are:
Full Body Relaxation Massage - This is a 60 minute whole-body treatment designed to help you unwind, you are massaged with light to medium pressure, it will soothe your body and mind, transporting you to a tranquil state of total relaxation.
Focus Massage - In this 30 minute massage we work with you to relieve nominated specific areas of tension. Our therapists will discuss your issues and focus on these during the massage. For many clients this is the shoulders, neck and upper back. This is a great service if you are limited on time or don’t want a full-body massage.
So that you fully enjoy your massage experience we request:
- You avoid large meals or the consumption of alcohol just prior to the massage and it is also a good idea to drink plenty of water, which will help your body to flush the toxins out of your body.
- Give yourself plenty of time either side of the massage, so that you don't feel rushed.
- Go to the toilet before your massage. You will not relax if you feel you need to pee in the middle and don't know whether or not to say so!
You should always let us know in advance if you:
- are, or think you might be, pregnant
- have any medical conditions or are receiving any treatment or medication
- have recently had an injury or operation
- are allergic to anything, particularly skin allergies or
- have any broken skin or sores on your scalp
as these may affect the kind of oil and treatment you receive.
The benefits of Massage
The benefits of one massage can last days, but you need to give it a chance to do that. Try not to plan any hectic activity immediately afterwards. Listen to your body! It can seem surreal and is probably pointless, for example, to go straight back to work if you are feeling so relaxed you can hardly speak!
- provide a high level of relaxation
- improve your circulation, so your organs and skin get more oxygen
- moves fluid through your lymphatic system encouraging your body to digest its food, get rid of its toxins,
- allow you to sleep better,
- help us to unknot muscles, soothe aches and sprains, and encourage the skin to heal minor abrasions.
- reduce muscle tension
- reduction of stress hormones
- increased joint mobility and flexibility
- improved skin tone
- improve stress recovery
- provide heightened mental alertness
- reduce anxiety and depression.